On 24 of November 2006 sidux was formed by a group of people whom wanted to be the best Debian sid live distro and hard disk install distro available.
With milestones and planned releases timetabled so as to give stability to corporate and home users a definable path over time.
1) sidux detects and enables you to instantly use more different pieces of hardware than any other operating system today (including other Linuxes) without the need to search for drivers from hardware vendors' web sites or complicated installation routines. Everything comes ready on a fast live-CD, and can be installed to your hard drive in just a few minutes. Only non-free stuff may require additional action.
2) sidux gives you direct and 100% compatible access to the worlds' biggest repository of software packages (more than 17.000 at the moment in Debian sid), all of them free and open source, many of them of professional quality. No virus, no Trojans --and again no complicated searching of hundreds of web sites for an application, and then running dubious installers.
3) sidux is free, open source and comes with free & priceless 24/7 support via this forum and chat (the IRC). Our support staff is friendly, helpful and very highly skilled - some of them are developers of this operating system themselves, others are accessible for complicated escalated support issues.
4) sidux is not corporate driven, but community driven. Actually, we are a community of volunteers who share a common goal --building the brilliant operating system.
5) sidux is extremely flexible and offers a huge load of ready-made scripts and meta-packages. You may use them to mutate it into a secure server system, a high class music studio, a professional graphics design workstation, a corporate desktop --or whatever you actually need.
6) sidux is always bleeding edge technology, packed into a tested and stable combination which is ready for use. It is moving very fast, and will always bring to you the hippest and most interesting developments first. sidux is also one of the few operating systems where you can get a 64bit system with real 64bit compiled applications --and again providing the 100% compatible access to Debian sid.
7) sidux is multilingual --people from all over the world meet here and talk in their native, but also secondary languages. We believe in the power of shared and open communication: therefore, we don't split the community by countries or languages, but concentrate them. Many people here do speak several languages and are using them when helping you.
There is definitely much more to say --but that's it for the beginning.
the sidux team
Click here to go to their official website.
All donations go towards the expansion project of Linux Freedom